The Donna Messer Women in Food Industry Management Scholarship Award
WFIM is proud to recognize the value of female students graduating from studies related to the Food Industry. For this reason, WFIM sponsors a scholarship to recognize, reward, and support academic merit and a commitment to the Food Industry.
Purpose: To recognize, reward and support a female student graduating from a Food industry educational program.
The Award: One $1000 cash award and a one-year membership in WFIM.
To be eligible for this scholarship award, the applicant must:
- Be a Female student graduating from a Food Industry educational program
- Demonstrate academic merit (75% or higher)
- Demonstrate interest and leadership in the food industry (such as involvement at school, volunteerism, work or community service.)
Food industry educational program may include the following programs from a recognized College or University:
- Food Technology
- Food Science
- Food Safety
- Food Quality Management
- Hospitality Management
- Winery & Viticulture
- Chef & Culinary Management
Candidates must submit the following to apply:
- School transcript
- Current professional resume
- Two written references (academic and/or professional)
- Short biography (500 words or less) which will be used for marketing purposes in addition to the selection process. Bio should discuss academics, interest & leadership in the food industry, career goals, and interest in WFIM.
A selection committee will review all applications and create a short list of three to five candidates. The WFIM Board of Directors will review the short-listed candidates and select the final winner.
Shortlisted candidates will be notified around September 1, 2020 and receive a complimentary ticket to the December Gala dinner by December 9, 2020.
The winner will be announced at the December Gala dinner.
Deadline to apply: July 31, 2020
The complete application package should be submitted to Women in Food Industry Management by e-mail:
Mariana Macovei, WFIM - Scholarship Chair
Email to: email@example.com
We thank all students who apply, however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.